Discover WTP, the New End-to-End Toolset for Java-Based Web Development
The Eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) seamlessly integrates all the tools today's Java Web developer needs. WTP is both an unprecedented open source resource for working developers and a powerful foundation for state-of-the-art commercial products. This tutorial offers in-depth descriptions of every tool included in WTP, introducing powerful capabilities never before available in Eclipse. Lessons cover the entire Web development process--from defining Web application architectures and development processes through testing and beyond. And, if you're seeking to extend WTP, this tutorial thoroughly introduces the platform's rich APIs.
* Presents step-by-step coverage of developing persistence, business logic, and presentation tiers with WTP and Java
* Introduces best practices for multiple styles of Web and J2EE/Java EE development
* Demonstrates JDBC database access and configuration
* Offers practical guidance on when (and when not) to use EJBs
* Shows how to configure EJB servers for use with Eclipse Web Tools
* Walks through creating Web Services application interfaces
* Covers automated testing with JUnit and Cactus, and automated builds utilizing Ant, Maven, and CruiseControl
* Describes how to extend WTP with new servers, file types, and WSDL extensions
* Previews WTP's future, and the latest commercial products built on it
This tutorial is an invaluable resource to every Eclipse and enterprise Java Web developer: both those who use Eclipse to build other Web applications, and those who build Eclipse technologies into their own products.